The mission of Horizon Management Group, Inc., is to provide tenant assistance, property management, and related services to the housing and commercial real estate markets. We are committed to deliver our services in a manner consistent with the economic success of all parties – property owners, tenant clients, and Horizon Management Group.
Horizon Management Group, Inc., will:
- Be recognized by our customers as a leader in tenant assistance, property management, and related services, balancing innovative technology and personalized attention.
- Provide high quality customer-focused services.
- Use professional skills and talents to identify areas of unmet needs, engage in creative problem solving, and explore and implement cost effective solutions.
- Consist of dedicated teams of professionals acting in unison toward mutually beneficial goals in a manner consistent with respect for the individual and the environments in which we operate.
- Recognize and respect diversity as a catalyst for challenge and growth.
- Be financially viable, sustained through satisfied customers and continued growth of new business.
Horizon Management Group, Inc., is located in La Crosse, Wisconsin, with properties, management programs and employees throughout Wisconsin, Iowa and Minnesota.
In 1988 Horizon Management Group, Inc., was incorporated in the State of Wisconsin. The Company is involved in several major business activities: direct management of residential and commercial properties; multi-family residential real estate development and asset management; development of historic tax credit properties and rehabilitation of existing multi-family residential properties; management services to housing and redevelopment authorities for federal and state tenant based housing programs; training and related services to various entities involved in federal and state housing programs.
Our success has been built on the personal involvement that is instituted with each of our management contracts. That personal involvement is sustained by the cumulative 65+ years of property management experience of the three persons most directly responsible for management activities. Each of our 100+ employees understands and is committed to high performance standards, productivity, and service to our customers.
IRS Section 42 Low Income Housing Tax Credit Program.
Horizon Management has been involved in development and management of properties under the Section 42 program since the program's inception. There are currently 518 units located at 13 sites under management at this time. Tax credit properties are managed under both the Wisconsin Housing and Economic Development Authority and Minnesota Housing Finance Agency programs.
Rent Assisted Programs.
Section 8 new construction and mod-rehab and Rural Development (RD) project-based rental assistance programs comprise 1242 units of Horizon's management portfolio. The 68 properties are located throughout Wisconsin and Iowa and range in size from 8 units to 64 units. Of the 1242 units, 557 are managed for non-profit organizations.
Market Rate Housing.
At 8 different locations, 325 units are currently under management. Of these 8 properties, five serve the luxury market and the other 3 target middle and upper income households.
Tenant-based Assistance Programs.
Since 1989 Wisconsin Housing and Economic Development Authority has contracted with Horizon Management Group for the management of its Section 8 Voucher Program in 18 Wisconsin counties. Also under management is the voucher program of the City of West Bend Housing Authority. In total, over 965 families and landlords are assisted through Horizon Management Group.